Lucid VR App FAQ
What can we help you with? Here, we answer our most frequently asked questions regarding the Lucid VR App.
What is LucidCam?
LucidCam is a small point-and-shoot true 3D VR camera capturing 180-degree videos and stills with depth. True 3D means that you have a feeling of depth, which gives you a sense of presence in the scene you are watching. 180-degrees means you capture like your eyes with peripheral vision, everything in front of the camera, the whole 180 by 180 degrees’ sphere. (Click to watch our video).
Where can I download the Lucid VR App?
What devices are compatible with the Lucid VR App?
Do I need the Lucid VR App in order for the LucidCam to work?
How does LucidCam connect to the app on my smartphone?
Via the Wi-Fi button located on the top of the device. For a step-by-step tutorial, check out the quickstarter video located here.
Does the LucidCam use WiFi?
Yes, it uses WiFi for livestream, data transfer USB 2.0m, Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n 2.4 GHZ
How do I know the LucidCam is recording?
The record LED light will blink red when it is recording.
Does the LucidCam have a remote? How do I view content I created?
Yes, the LucidCam comes with a mobile app, which serves as a remote control. You can remotely switch the camera on and off, start and end recording. You can also preview the scene before shooting or you can view and manage the media library after shooting.
How quickly can I watch my video after I upload it?
It takes only seconds to view captured content on the LucidApp.
What phones are incompatible with LucidCam?
-Idol 4 Alcatel
Tutorial for quickstarting your LucidCam
How do you livestream 3D VR content?
How do you output to equirectangular?
How do you update the LucidCam firmware?
How do you share captured pictures/videos to social media?
My camera wifi is connected but the connection page keeps refreshing?
Please disable your cellular network, then re-attempt connection.
App Feature Release Notes
August 7, 2017
- We've put video resolution option in this version. We canceled download lucid studio video option, now you're able to stream it.
July 27, 2017
- Fix 5.5 screen double vision issue
July 25, 2017
- Some bugs fixed
July 19, 2017
- With this update, you can post LucidCam videos on Twitter (under 5 MB) and Instagram (under 60 sec). Also, you can now filter your LucidCam content by size and date.
August 10, 2017
- Add video 2k, 4k option and some bugs fixed.
July 31, 2017
- Fix camera thumbnail cache issue
July 18, 2017
- Save your 3D image via "Save to GearVR" option then you're able to view 360 image in "360 photo" album in Gear VR